Even though it is buyers who benefit most from the stamp duty holiday introduced in July, vendors will also benefit. When there is a greater number of buyers looking for property, vendors can feel more confident about the sales process.
If you are looking to sell your home in Letchworth Garden City, make sure you call on the services of a local expert. Contact us today to arrange your property valuation, which will allow you to enter the market and plan your next move.
Of course, with a March 31st deadline, you will want to start the sales process sooner rather than later. There is a lot of time before the deadline passes, but delays can happen in the housing market. To minimise the likelihood of having to rush your deal, or placing your property transaction in jeopardy, start the sales process sooner rather than later.
Key points of stamp duty changes
The key points of the stamp duty holiday, implemented by the Chancellor of the Exchequer on 8th July, are:
· Stamp duty threshold is now £500,000
· This increase in stamp duty threshold is set to run until 31st March 2021
· The increase in stamp duty threshold takes place immediately
Naturally, most of the focus has fallen on buyers, and how they are helped by this measure. Of course, buyers and vendors are connected, and good news for buyers can be of benefit to vendors.
Mark Hayward is the Chief Executive of NAEA Propertymark and he said; “With housing market activity picking back up this summer after a two-month hiatus, it’s more important than ever to go the extra mile and take every possible measure to help your property stand out. If you are looking to sell your home this summer, turn to your local NAEA Propertymark estate agent to guide you in the right direction and help you ensure all new safety measures are complied with, to increase your chances of a speedy sale.”
NAEA Propertymark has also issued the following tips to help vendors connect with buyers when selling their home this summer and autumn:
· Ensure your home is up to date with safety features and measures
· If you have a pet at home, make sure all nasty pet odours are removed before welcoming likely buyers
· Make sure all DIY repair work is taken care of
· Make the condition of your windows a priority when improving your home
· Opt for a neutral décor, keeping decorations simple so as to provide prospective buyers with a blank slate
· Spend some time in the garden creating a favourable and welcoming style
We know each home is unique, and will have its own issues to consider. However, once you have started on the general tips, contact us, and we will appraise your property. At Country Properties Letchworth Garden City, we look forward to providing you with a realistic value, and tailored assistance to help you sell your home.
Currently, in line with Government guidelines, our Letchworth Garden City branch has reopened and is again staffed with sales and lettings personnel. To clients old and new, if you have any queries or need advice on property sales and lettings then please call 01462 481100 or email email@example.com.