Information provided by Rightmove suggests that homeowners who upgrade their Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to a C, from a D, E or F rating, benefit by adding up to 16% more on their property sales price.
The study looked at more than 200,000 property listings where the home had been sold on two occasions, with the second occasion featuring an EPC upgrade at the property.
The main points of the findings were:
· Moving from an F rating to a C rating added an average of 16% to the sales price
· Moving from an E rating to a C rating added an average of 8% to the sales price
· Moving from a D rating to a C rating added an average of 4% to the sales price
Tim Bannister, Rightmove’s director of property data, says: “Although some of the bigger improvements to make homes more energy efficient can be costly, in its latest strategy, the government has outlined ways it wants to support green choices. Our study suggests the longer-term value upgrading the rating of your home’s Energy Performance Certificate can have when it comes to the time to sell. While this naturally needs to be balanced with the investment needed to improve it, we expect that the energy efficiency of a home will increasingly be a priority for buyers in the next few years, and these initial numbers suggest people are willing to pay an extra premium for a home better designed for the future.”
Do you know the Royston property market?
According to Rightmove, as of late November 2021, house prices in Royston are as follows;
“Properties in Royston had an overall average price of £374,788 over the last year.
The majority of sales in Royston during the last year were semi-detached properties, selling for an average price of £384,225. Terraced properties sold for an average of £335,543, with detached properties fetching £547,804.
Overall, sold prices in Royston over the last year were 4% up on the previous year and 9% up on the 2018 peak of £342,309.”
Going by the average property price in Royston:
· A 16% increase in sales price would be worth £59,966
· An 8% increase in sales price would be worth £29,983
· A 4% increase in sales price would be worth £14,991
These are outcomes most vendors would appreciate, so if you are planning on selling your Royston home, boosting the EPC rating is a sensible idea.
Making greener changes in Royston
At Country Properties, we are fully committed to offering you the best standard of service in selling your Royston home, but we are also looking to play a role in making Royston greener.
For every instruction we receive in the New Year, we promise to plant trees.
There are many reasons why it is a great idea to plant trees in town and city areas, including:
1. Trees provide shade, and play a key role in cooling down urban areas
2. Trees collect a lot of air pollution and toxins, so removing these from the environment is a benefit
3. Trees are vital in capturing and storing carbon and carbon dioxide, and again, removing these from the environment is a great help
4. Studies indicate trees help people feel more relaxed and at ease, as well as lowering stress levels
5. A mature and leafy tree has the capabilities to provide enough oxygen for ten people
These are just some of the reasons we are committed to planting trees in and around Royston in 2022.
In line with Government guidelines, our Royston branch is open and is staffed with sales and lettings personnel. If you have any queries or need advice on property sales and lettings then please call 01763 245121 or email email@example.com.