***CHAIN FREE*** A delightful character Grade II listed original flint cottage, with 2 bedrooms and first floor bathroom with shower. Situated in a sought after village of Heydon. EPC exempt. Rear garden with outbuildings and parking to the side of the property with the use of additional land.
17' 6" x 15' 0" (5.33m x 4.57m)
Entrance door. Fireplace with brick surround (not working). 2 radiators. Door leading to stairs to first floor. Under stairs cupboard. 2 windows to front. Reveal to:-
5' 9" x 4' 6" (1.75m x 1.37m)
15' 4" x 8' 2" (4.67m x 2.49m)
Range of base and wall mounted units with work surfaces over incorporating stainless steel sink unit. Floor standing oil boiler. Vinyl flooring. Space for washing machine. Space for fridge. Windows to rear. Door to rear garden. Internal door to:-
Window to rear. Airing cupboard. Radiator. Cupboard with hanging rail.
12' 2" x 7' 3" (3.71m x 2.21m)
Window to front with stunning views across fields. Radiator.
8' 2" x 7' 2" (2.49m x 2.18m)
Window to side. Suite comprising low level WC, wash hand basin with vanity cupboard under and bath. Window to side. Wall mounted heated towel rail.
Garden area to rear with lawn area and old outbuilding/sheds.
The driveway and land to the right hand side of the property is owned by the Diocese of Chelmsford and may be subject to a licenced agreement to allow the full use of it and access/parking. The oil tank is located at the back of the property and therefore cannot be filled without access over the driveway.
The parish of Heydon was transferred from Essex to Cambridgeshire in 1894. It is situated on one of the highest places in Cambridgeshire, with the nearby village of Great Chishill being the very highest. Heydon has the King William IV as its only pub. The village also has the Wood Green Animal Shelter Small Animals Rescue Home. And on the edge of Heydon it has its own golf course, Heydon Grange Golf Club, consisting of an 18-hole and 9-hole golf course with driving range. Holy Trinity church, in the centre of the village, was seriously damaged in a bombing raid in 1940. The south arcade was undamaged as was the chancel (which is from 1866) but the north aisle and the nave were entirely rebuilt. Holy Trinity is part of the parish of the Icknield Way together with the Chishills, Chrishall, Elmdon with Wenden Lofts and Strethall churches. The Anglo-Saxon earthwork Bran Ditch rises in Heydon and runs to Fowlmere. The Icknield Way Path passes through the village on its 110-mile journey from Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire to Knettishall Heath in Suffolk. The Icknield Way Trail, a multi-user route for walkers, horse riders and off-road cyclists, also passes close to the village.