With England being in lockdown again, announced by the Prime Minister on Monday 4th January 2021, it is important people understand what restrictions are in place. We are sure you have many questions, and we are here to assist you understand what the new lockdown means with respect to the housing market.
You can still move home, and at Country Properties, we are here to assist you.
Country Properties is open in Hitchin, and we’re here to help
We remain open for business, we are keen to help you as best as we can, and please be assured your safety is our leading priority.
If you have any questions, we would be delighted to hear from you. Equally, if you are looking to move soon, please get in touch and we will advise you as best we can.
Follow Government guidance when moving home
The Government advice regarding moving home is as follows:
· You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary.
· Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings.
· Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.
Mark Hayward, Chief Policy Adviser, Propertymark, comments: “We welcome the news that the housing market is to remain open throughout this new lockdown period, but it is essential that all agents continue to play their part in reducing the spread of the virus through following all relevant guidance on how to safely conduct viewings. It is vital that agents operate in accordance with government and Propertymark guidelines to help prevent the spread of Covid-19, keep movers and buyers safe and keep the housing market moving through these uncertain times.”
Other pertinent advice can be found on the Government website, and some key points are as follows:
· You can market your home and estate agents can visit in order to take photos/videos of your property. As usual, you can also start to bring together the documentation necessary to sell your property (more information on these documents is available in the government’s guidance on how to sell homes).
· To help prevent the spread of infection, we recommend that you carry out initial property searches online, and only visit a property in person when you are seriously considering making an offer on it.
· If you wish to buy a new-build property, you should contact the developer. You should be able to make an appointment to view the show home or visit the particular plot you are interested in purchasing.
Currently, in line with Government guidelines, our Hitchin branch is open and our sales and lettings personnel are on hand to assist you. To clients old and new, if you have any queries or need advice on property sales and lettings then please call 01462 452951 or email email@example.com.