We are members of the Property Ombudsman scheme whose service levels and code of conduct has been fully approved by Trading Standards. What Does it Mean to You? It’s a way for you to find trustworthy businesses to deal with before you buy.
- Are committed to treat you fairly if problems arise
- Will guarantee good customer service
- Give you clear-cut information about the goods or services they're selling
- Have user-friendly, straightforward and quick procedure for dealing with customer complaints
- Will use clear and fair contracts
- Will offer free or low cost dispute resolution, such as arbitration or an ombudsman, if you cant agree about how to sort out a problem
- Will offer you more rights than the law gives you
How does it work?
The Property Ombudsman for Sales and Lettings devises a code of practice that is:
- Fair to customers
- Goes beyond what the law asks for
- Easy to understand
Every business in the trade body has to prove their code of practice attains the required standard before they can use the logo. This is acquired by real evidence that the code is used properly and that their customers are benefiting. Only when we’re completely sure that the code is effective – by looking at things like mystery shopping and analysing complaints information – is approval given for the code.