With England back in lockdown, it is natural that people will have many questions as to how their lives are affected. If you have any questions regarding the property market, or you need assistance, please get in touch, and we will be more than happy to help you.
It is important you realise the housing market is still open, and if you are looking to move home, you can.
At Country Properties, we are open, we are here to assist you, and we want you to know that your well-being is a leading priority for us.
You can still move and we are here to assist you
If you have any questions, we would be delighted to hear from you. Equally, if you are looking to move soon, please get in touch and we will advise you as best we can.
Follow Government guidance when moving home
The most recent Government advice regarding moving home is as follows:
- You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary.
- Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings.
- Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.
Mark Hayward, Chief Policy Adviser, Propertymark, comments: “We welcome the news that the housing market is to remain open throughout this new lockdown period, but it is essential that all agents continue to play their part in reducing the spread of the virus through following all relevant guidance on how to safely conduct viewings. It is vital that agents operate in accordance with government and Propertymark guidelines to help prevent the spread of Covid-19, keep movers and buyers safe and keep the housing market moving through these uncertain times.”
Other pertinent advice can be found on the Government website, and some key points are as follows:
- We encourage buyers and renters to do their initial property searches online wherever possible. Initial viewings should also be done virtually, and in-person viewings should only take place when buyers are seriously considering a property.
- To support this, agents may ask home occupiers to conduct virtual viewings. This will help reduce the number of properties people need to visit before finding their future home.
- All viewings should be by appointment only and no open house viewings should take place.
- There are unlikely to be physical protection measures in place in homes. In this case we would advise estate and letting agents to wear a face covering.
- Members of the public who are viewing a property should wear a suitable face covering as described in government guidance unless they are exempt from this requirement. This should be confirmed with the agent before arrival. Anyone with concerns should contact the agent in advance of their visit to discuss appropriate measures.
- If your property is being viewed, you should open all the internal doors prior to the viewing and allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels.
- We would recommend that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise unnecessary contact.
- When viewing a property, everyone should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
Currently, in line with Government guidelines, our Letchworth Garden City branch is open and our and lettings personnel are here to assist you. To clients old and new, if you have any queries or need advice on property sales and lettings then please call 01462 481100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.