On Monday 4th of January 2021, the Prime Minister announced that England would be returning to lockdown. We appreciate you likely have many questions when it comes to what you can do, and what you should avoid, and we are keen to assist you as best as we can when it comes to the property market.
With regards to the property market, it is still open, and you can move.
At Country Properties, we are open, we are here to assist you, and we want you to know that your well-being is a leading priority for us.
You can still move and we are here to assist you
If you have any questions, we would be delighted to hear from you. Equally, if you are looking to move soon, please get in touch and we will advise you as best we can.
Follow Government guidance when moving home
The most recent Government advice regarding moving home is as follows:
- You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary.
- Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings.
- Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.
Mark Hayward, Chief Policy Adviser, Propertymark, comments: “We welcome the news that the housing market is to remain open throughout this new lockdown period, but it is essential that all agents continue to play their part in reducing the spread of the virus through following all relevant guidance on how to safely conduct viewings. It is vital that agents operate in accordance with government and Propertymark guidelines to help prevent the spread of Covid-19, keep movers and buyers safe and keep the housing market moving through these uncertain times.”
Other pertinent advice can be found on the Government website, and some key points are as follows:
- Initial viewings should be done virtually wherever possible. Property agents should be able to help you with this.
- Members of the public who are visiting an agent’s office or viewing a property should wear a suitable face covering as described in government guidance unless they are exempt from this requirement. This should be confirmed with the agent before arrival. Anyone with concerns should contact the agent in advance of their visit to discuss appropriate measures.
- Viewings should be arranged by appointment only and ‘open house’ viewings should not take place. When viewing properties in person, you should avoid touching surfaces wherever possible, wash your hands regularly and/or use hand sanitiser.
- If people are being shown around your home, you should open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- We recommend that you vacate your property while viewings are taking place in order to minimise unnecessary contact.
In line with Government guidelines, our Royston branch is open and is staffed with sales and lettings personnel. If you have any queries or need advice on property sales and lettings then please call 01763 245121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.